The Magic-user is a mysterious figure, a student of arcane powers and spell casting. Usually cloaked in robes woven with mystical symbols, Magic-users can be devastating opponents. However, they are usually physically weaker than other adventuring classes, and are untrained in the use of armor and weapons.
- Hit Points: 6
- Base To Hit: +0
- Saving Throw: 15 – you gain a +2 to saves vs. magic
- Damage: 1d4
- Cast Arcane Spells: The Magic User maintains a spell book of four spells. The Magic User may prepare in memory one spell from this book. This spell may be cast and then immediately removed from memory (see Reclaim Arcane Power). After sufficient rest, a Magic User may again prepare a spell.
- Reclaim Arcane Power: When casting a spell, the Magic User may attempt to reclaim the Arcane Power of the spell. This must be declared at the same time as casting the spell. The Magic User attempts a saving throw vs magic. The Magic User adds any Intelligence bonus or penalty and subtracts the level of the spell to reclaim. If successful, the spell is reclaimed and not removed from memory. If the result is a 3 or lower, magical backlash may occur.
- Spell Strength: The magic user applies their Intelligence bonus or penalty to any saving throw required to resist their spells.
- Armor Limitation: Wearing any form of armor blocks the ability to cast Arcane Spells.
- Intelligence bonus for XP: The Magic User gains a bonus or penalty to experience points earned based on their Intelligence. See the Universal Ability Bonus chart.